
Romeo should be forced to wear this the rest of the year.
A couple of days ago, I wrote:
"And benching Derek is not fair, it's not smart, and it won't make this team any better. Better coaching and better receivers will."
Hmmmm.....I think I'll repeat that!
"And benching Derek is not fair, it's not smart, and it won't make this team any better. Better coaching and better receivers will."
Tonight, Crennel found himself up by ten points against a team with NO running backs and no running game to speak of. Denver lost its starting running back and had to rely on one with a groin injury. They just abandoned the running game. They had no choice.
Crennel couldn't adjust and lost. Knew the pass was coming every time....and still lost. Rushed 3 guys most of the time and ran this shitty zone crap that never works. It doesn't work in pee-wee football and it doesn't work in the NF fucking L.
It. Never. Works.
On Denver's last drive, they threw in the end zone to Marshall and it was incomplete. Chris Collinsworth said that he wouldn't be surprised if Cutler went right back to Marshall with the exact same play.
I was on IM with boyfriend. He said, "Jackass Collinsworth's right. Watch. Marshall will get single coverage again and put the game away."
So they ran the exact same play. The second time, it worked. No adjustment....single coverage....
Boyfriend: "They're done. They won't come back. RAC's done after this year."
They didn't come back. They never should have been in that position to begin with! You don't take your foot off the gas pedal when you're beating a team! You don't play prevent defense in the third quarter!
You don't try and run out the clock with more than a minute left in the game! This is the second straight game that the Browns had a team down by 10 or more in the third quarter.....only to go soft on both sides of the ball and lose.
Tonight's game was inexcusable. Denver was reeling...staggering. And once again, the Brownies let a wounded animal out of it's cage. Shit, I'm surprised Crennel didn't offer Jerome Harrison to Denver so they could run the ball.
Speaking of that quick, little running back....why'd they stop giving him touches? Oh, because it was working. Can't have that. I've never seen a team stop doing what was working more than the Browns. They have a ton of talent......but horrible coaching.
Solid aggressive defense--until they get the lead. Creative, effective offense--until they get the lead. Playing not to lose, never playing to win. Sheesh. How do Browns fans put up with this crap year after year? Time for a coaching change at the end of the season. Unbelievable.
I'm not even a Browns fan and I'm offended. It's a joke. Okay, I have a vested interest because I want a happy boyfriend.
Yah, Quinn, to paraphrase Denny Green, is who we thought he was. A smart QB with tons of talent. He did just fine in his debut. He'll be a great QB. He gets Buccaneer Lori's seal of approval.
But benching DA was still stupid. He isn't the problem and never was. So Quinn maniacs, try and get that through your thick skulls, if you can stop drooling over your Brady Fathead.
No, the defense is soft, can't tackle, and can't get off the field. The offense stalls when it gets the lead. The whole team locks up and stops playing aggressively. Oh, and they can't run a no-huddle offense. Can you believe that shit?
That's on the coaching staff. So don't bench the QB......
Bench the head coach. Permanently.
And for the record, I think the QB switch was called by the front office, not the coach. Let's get the fans excited about something. How about winning? That might excite them.
From what boyfriend has told me, this coach has been mismanaging games since his arrival in C-town. I believe it. I didn't pay them much nevermind until we started seeing each other. Holy cow. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Players couldn't line up correctly. Play clock would expire time and again. Mismangement all over the place. So the debacles we've seen against Dallas (going for a field goal when down by two touchdowns late in the fourth) and Baltimore, as well as everything else just isn't that much of a shock anymore.
Boyfriend takes no pleasure in wanting a man fired. I sure don't. From all accounts, most people love this man. Good guy. But there are only 32 positions like this in the world. Only the best should get them.
Well, 31. I mean, let's face it: who wants to work for Al Davis?
I'm just grateful to be a Bucs fan.......
Did I mention that benching DA wouldn't make this team any better?
(Originally posted 11-7-2009)
No comments:
Post a Comment